Earlybird rates expire February 3, 2017.
Use this page to register for the
4-Day Delivering & Designing Training Course Bundle
Earn Two ATD-LA Certificates with this Bundle
This immersive learning experience is designed to give you the tools, skills and confidence needed to engage adult learners. The course is highly interactive and covers all pertinent topics from preparation through powerful openings, tools to maintain engagement and confidently manage the classroom, through methods for powerfully closing a session. The material is learned not only by presentation and discussion, but also by modeling the desired behaviors and skills in an informal workshop setting. The course concludes with a practice session where each participant can practice the newly acquired skills and receive feedback. Every participant leaves with a clear action plan for implementation.
Developed for participants new to instructional design or for those who want to gain a comprehensive skill set, this is the complete workshop for designing outcome-based training. The program content is based on key knowledge and actions defined by the ATD Competency Model Area of Expertise for Instructional Design. You will leave knowing how to design a complete program that aligns with your business goals, including participant guides, instructor guides, and other materials. In addition, you will have an opportunity to work on the design and development of your own training program throughout the workshop.
What you'll get from the course:
- Gain credibility by learning to command attention and exude confidence when facilitating.
- Add new tools to your facilitator toolbox.
- Practice crucial facilitation techniques that can be quickly transferred to your work.
- Gain a strong foundation in the needs analysis process to ensure your training initiatives are aligned with organization goals.
- Develop engaging instructional events that take human memory and learning processes into account.
- Create participant guides and supporting materials using templates provided in the workshop.
- Ensure your training has the impact you and your organization expect.
Who should attend?
- Anyone responsible for delivering training, including those just beginning their career, experienced professional trainers, frontline leaders, and team members
- This course is designed for practitioners new to the field of instructional system design, or those wanting to apply the latest best practices to their course designs. Participation in the ATD Facilitation Skills certification is not a prerequisite.
Day 1: Adult Learning Theory and Communication Skills
- Effective facilitation fundamentals
- Adult learners & learning styles
- Questioning techniques and communication skills
Day 2: Training Delivery and Classroom Management
- Maintaining engagement and motivation
- Openers, closers and energizers
- Handling disruptive behavior
- Skills practice
- Powerful close
Day 3: Training Design
- Needs assessment
- Writing learning objectives
- Developing course content
- Evaluating training effectiveness
- Skills practice
Day 4: Training Development
Meet Your Master Instructors
- Project management tools
- Creating participant guides
- Slide design
- Developing videos
- Skills practice
CAMILLA HEINZMANN, Founder and Principal, Heinzmann Coaching & Consulting, Inc.
Camilla Heinzmann is a dynamic professional with more than 20 years experience in guiding, training, coaching, mentoring and leading individuals and teams on four continents. She is an accomplished adult learning expert in creating and implementing impactful learning programs for employees at all stages of their careers and at all levels of an international organization. She is well recognized for facilitating high-energy meetings and training workshops that inspire and engage audiences and deliver expected behavioral outcomes. She is a sought-after business partner with a strong reputation as an effective trainer, leader and coach, with a passion to support people in their quest of reaching their full potential.
Since establishing Heinzmann Coaching & Consulting, Inc. in 2014, Ms. Heinzmann has designed and delivered corporate training courses for both national and international audiences. Ms. Heinzmann is a member of the Association for Talent Development and the International Coach Federation.
Ann Kwinn, Ph.D.
Ann Kwinn, Ph.D. is an expert in Instructional Design and currently serves as the Director of Instructional Strategy for Azusa Pacific University. Ann specializes in course design and digital pedagogy, including blended and online courses. Ann helped develop Bellevue University’s M.S. in Instructional Design and Development program; was vice president of interactive learning for CallSource; director of elearning for Clark Training & Consulting; and co-wrote the book The New Virtual Classroom with Ruth Clark.
We know trainers sometimes have trouble scheduling professional development for themselves in advance, and as such tend to register the week before the event. However, if you know you want to attend this workshop, we ask that you do so, or we risk cancellation of this event due to low enrollment.
- Use a laptop computer for the Designing Training course. Using a tablet or phone severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate in the program.
- Registration includes class materials, morning coffee, lunch and afternoon refreshments.
- Participants must attend all dates; prorates or refunds are not offered if participant misses any dates within the course.
- Parking is free or subject to the venue availability
Download the Flyer: Click Here
Want to attend, but need to ask your boss for permission or budget? Customize this template.
Space is limited to 25 participants.
Pre-registration and payment are required. No Walk Ins.
Click here to register for the 2-Day Delivering Training Course
Click here to register for the 2-Day Designing Training Course
Delivering Training (14 PDCs) Code: 17-MKM2G
Designing Training (14 PDCs) Code: 17-2019Y